Forum ::: Mammutbaum- Community

Bitte loggen Sie sich ein oder registrieren Sie sich.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Autor Thema: Largests "berg mammutbaumen" in Germany  (Gelesen 7960 mal)

Bernhard

• Taku hahi Ko te ngahere !
    • www.mediterrangarten.de
Re: Largests "berg mammutbaumen" in Germany
« Antwort #15 am: 19-Oktober-2007, 22:56 »

Only from "metasequoia glyptostroboides", a few trees stands on the south coast around Helsinki, and they are able to stand less than - 30°C !!!!!

Unbelievable, isn`t it?
It's better to be a warrior in a garden
than a gardner in a war ......

Foggie

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 19-Oktober-2007, 23:07 »

Indeed.  Good night and have a nice week-end.
Foggie

Only from "metasequoia glyptostroboides", a few trees stands on the south coast around Helsinki, and they are able to stand less than - 30°C !!!!!

Unbelievable, isn`t it?

Bernhard

• Taku hahi Ko te ngahere !
    • www.mediterrangarten.de
« Antwort #17 am: 19-Oktober-2007, 23:16 »

Bonne nuit et à demain, Foggie!
It's better to be a warrior in a garden
than a gardner in a war ......

Mick Rodella

« Antwort #18 am: 20-Oktober-2007, 02:14 »

Hi Foggie!

Congratulations, your website looks nice and you located some very impressive trees!

In Germany, especially in Baden-Wuerttemberg and Hessen grow a lot of giant sequoias more than 40 m tall. Not all of them have been measured, so we don't have an official height top list. The tree at Bensheim/Fürstenlager was told to be the tallest one in Germany (53m), but as actual measurements showed, the tree is 7-8 meters less. The 55m-trees in Weinheim, Hessen could even be the tallest ones in Europe, but they are not very strong.

The top-trunks (girth at 1.3m, measured in 2007), all located in Baden-Württemberg:

1. Insel Mainau: 9.03 m. This tree is probably the most massive one in Germany, the height: around 50 m.

2. Sachsenheim-Ochsenbach: 8.68 m

3. Calv/Hirsau: 8.42 m

3. Simmersfeld: 8.42 m

There's another giant sequoia located at Überlingen/Bodensee, which girth of 8.46 m has to be checked, I guess...

In Wuppertal/Nordrhein-Westfalen you can find the biggest amount of all 3 sequoia-species here, estimated 2000 trees, half of them are giant sequoias.

Best wishes,
Michael
« Letzte Änderung: 20-Oktober-2007, 02:17 von Mick Rodella »

Joachim Maier

• http://www.joachimmaier.eu
« Antwort #19 am: 20-Oktober-2007, 10:41 »

Hello Foggie,

I'm very pleased to see, that we have also members from other parts of Europe in this forum. It enriches the informations of this forum a lot, as we can see from your links.

Mercy bien!

liluz

• Administrator
    • liluz Community
« Antwort #20 am: 20-Oktober-2007, 11:22 »

Hi Foggie.

I very often remember our initial conversation (in May 2007 ?) about an "European Sequoia Project" approach and I think we should now able to discuss and agree real steps forward, hopefully in co-operation with Ron in UK and others who interested in either to contribute or to support this European initiative.

However, I just got the details of another impressive Sequoia in Europe, located in Luzern, Switzerland -> girth @ 1.3 m: 11.4 m (measured in 9/2006 by Juergen / Saarbruecken and registered in the European Register - http://mammutbaum-register-europa.liluz.de ).

Speak u soon.

Best regards,
Lutz

Foggie

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 21-Oktober-2007, 11:23 »

Thanks a lot for the information. This is exactly what I was looking for.  Do you have pictures of these trees that can be used on the site? I mention copyright and author info of course.

Foggie

Hi Foggie!

Congratulations, your website looks nice and you located some very impressive trees!

In Germany, especially in Baden-Wuerttemberg and Hessen grow a lot of giant sequoias more than 40 m tall. Not all of them have been measured, so we don't have an official height top list. The tree at Bensheim/Fürstenlager was told to be the tallest one in Germany (53m), but as actual measurements showed, the tree is 7-8 meters less. The 55m-trees in Weinheim, Hessen could even be the tallest ones in Europe, but they are not very strong.

The top-trunks (girth at 1.3m, measured in 2007), all located in Baden-Württemberg:

1. Insel Mainau: 9.03 m. This tree is probably the most massive one in Germany, the height: around 50 m.

2. Sachsenheim-Ochsenbach: 8.68 m

3. Calv/Hirsau: 8.42 m

3. Simmersfeld: 8.42 m

There's another giant sequoia located at Überlingen/Bodensee, which girth of 8.46 m has to be checked, I guess...

In Wuppertal/Nordrhein-Westfalen you can find the biggest amount of all 3 sequoia-species here, estimated 2000 trees, half of them are giant sequoias.

Best wishes,
Michael

Foggie

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: 21-Oktober-2007, 11:34 »

I did not know this swiss tree.  I had seen before that they do have a lot of nice  sequoia trees overthere.  The city of Geneva claims to have 350 giant sequoias on its ground...

I am indeed still interested in the European project. We can think about creating a European forum and extend your Euopean database.  I know it is a lot of work, but it would be nice to have a possibility to search by country, by place, by size, etc. 

Have a nice day

Foggie

Hi Foggie.

I very often remember our initial conversation (in May 2007 ?) about an "European Sequoia Project" approach and I think we should now able to discuss and agree real steps forward, hopefully in co-operation with Ron in UK and others who interested in either to contribute or to support this European initiative.

However, I just got the details of another impressive Sequoia in Europe, located in Luzern, Switzerland -> girth @ 1.3 m: 11.4 m (measured in 9/2006 by Juergen / Saarbruecken and registered in the European Register - http://mammutbaum-register-europa.liluz.de ).

Speak u soon.

Best regards,
Lutz

Sir Cachelot

• Ricolaaaaaa
« Antwort #23 am: 21-Oktober-2007, 12:32 »

Hi Foggie, just have a look at
http://www.mbreg.de/html/mammutbaum.php

Or try to find it with the search-function:
here the ochsenbach-tree
http://www.mbreg.de/forum/index.php?topic=622.0
here insel mainau
http://www.mbreg.de/forum/index.php?topic=630.0
Ich bin viel zu faul, etwas unwichtiges zu tun

Wayne

• die Mammutbaumschule
« Antwort #24 am: 21-Oktober-2007, 14:10 »

Hi Foggie,

have you informations about the 4m Diameter giant sequoia in La Granja/Spain, i think its the biggest trunk in Europe......

the people on the ochsenbach pics are my family, you can add it to your homepage.....

Greets wayne
die Väter des Waldes sterben stehend

Wayne

• die Mammutbaumschule
« Antwort #25 am: 21-Oktober-2007, 17:16 »

ups foggie,

had a look at your homepage.....

you have already a photo of la Granja on your page, i think the 4m Trunk giant sequoia is the right one at the photo

wayne
die Väter des Waldes sterben stehend

Seite erstellt in 0.061 Sekunden mit 18 Abfragen.